Monday, May 14, 2012

Lemon Bars

Lemon Heaven. 

So since tonight's dinner was pretty typical (spaghetti pie), I thought I'd share the dessert we made instead. About a week ago, while I was still living in Star Valley, I started to really crave lemon bars. My mom makes the best! I love the warm lemon and chewy outside crust, with just the right amount of powdered sugar on top. So I went to the grocery store and bought three fresh lemons. I was going to make them the next day but then I got my new job and bam! Moved to Salt Lake. So on this free night, my sis and I decided to make them. She had my mom's recipe and off we went. It was so easy and really doesn't take that long (unless you're dying for them, then it seems like it takes forever).

So here is the recipe--love the heck out of them! 

Lemon Bars  

Crust:
2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. salt

Filling:
4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
4 tbls flour
1 tsp baking soda
6 tbls lemon juice (fresh)
lemon zest of 3 lemons

Crust: Cream butter, sugar, flour and salt. Preheat oven to 350'. Place crust mixture in 9x13 greased pan and bake for 20 minutes.

Filling: Add 4 eggs, 1 3/4 cups sugar, flour, baking soda, 6 tbls lemon juice, and lemon zest together. Beat lightly until combined. Pour over hot crust and bake an additional 20-25 minutes. While warm, sprinkle with powdered sugar.


                                                                                                              (Image taken from Google)


I would definitely make these the next time you are craving a sweet treat. They are fresh and a great summer treat! Plus they don't require a lot of ingredients.

Enjoy!

"And it was good!" 






No comments:

Post a Comment